Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Feminine Love Card with Ombre Background

Hey you!

In yesterday's post I shared a masculine love card featuring this fabulous heart background from Hero Arts, and today I have a feminine card with the same stamp.

I actually made this card for myself, haha! ;-) Like I mentioned yesterday, my boyfriend and I just had our 5 year anniversary, and my boyfriend asked me to make a card that he could give to me. He doesn't want to buy a card, because he says that no store-bought card will ever be as nice as the cards I make myself. Isn’t he sweet? :-)

Feminine Love Card with Ombre Background | Small T Creations

For this card I was inspired by a card that Laura Sterckx made during Day 2 of Stretch Your Stamps 2 (I'm absolutely loving this class!!). I used the same design and the same colors of Distress Ink for my ombre background as she did.

Laura used a die cut for her sentiment, but since I don't have a die cut machine, I used a punch again. I was so happy to discover that this cute sentiment from Simon Says Stamp fits perfectly within the punched shape.

To attach the vellum piece, I used some clear dimensional adhesive from Kool Tak. The adhesive was showing through the vellum a little, but I positioned the tiny squares just behind the letters so you hardly notice them.

Feminine Love Card with Ombre Background | Small T Creations

If you have any questions about this card, let me know in the comments!

Are you taking the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class?

Hugs,
Tone

Challenge:  A Blog Named Hero Challenge #49: Die A Little

Let's connect on InstagramPinterestFacebook and Twitter.
Follow me via FeedlyBloglovin' or e-mail for all the latest updates.

2 comments :