Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fun and Summery Cards

Hey you!

I have two fun and summery cards to share with you today! Just like the weather is here in The Netherlands these days. Finally, we've been getting some sun! :-)

Inspiration
This first card I made for some friends we were giving tickets to for a fun summer festival. The festival is usually quite whimsically decorated with bright colors, so I let that be my inspiration for the card.
It's quite different to my regular style, but I really like how it turned out. I love it when in inspiration takes me to new places! :-) Most of the stamps I had bought recently as well, so I really enjoyed making this card. It's always nice to play with new goodies, don't you think? :-)


How to
This card is a big one, measuring 5.5 x 8.5 inches. For the background, I first stamped the Single Starburst in Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk Ink. Then I filled in the open spaces with the little heart flower, stamped in Jenni Bowlin Chewing Gum Ink. I stamped the frame and the butterflies in different Hero Arts inks, cut them out and added them to the card. The wings of the butterflies are "fluffed up" for added interest.

Smaller version
Friends of ours were having a BBQ party last weekend, so I quickly made a smaller version of the card to bring for them.


I changed out the sentiment, and only added one butterfly to the smaller frame. The butterfly got some clear embossing to make it shiny.

I'd love to hear what you think of the cards! :-)

Hugs,
Tone


Supplies

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful colors! Love the soft background and colorful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete