Thursday, August 21, 2014

Graphic Ombre Birthday Cards

Hi there!

On Day 8 of Stretch Your Stamps 2, Kelly Rasmussen made some beautiful cards using graphic stamps to create a border. Her cards inspired me to pull out this great border set from Simon Says Stamp. I made three variations of the same card.

Graphic Ombre Birthday Card | Small T Creations

This version is my favorite. I think the sentiment first perfectly to the design, and I like the ombre stamping on this card the best. This was actually the last one I made, so it took me some tries before I got it the way I wanted it. :-) The sentiment is from this fabulous set from WPlus9

Graphic Ombre Birthday Card | Small T Creations

I was planning for this card to be portrait instead of landscape, but after stamping the border, I couldn't find a sentiment that I thought fit. So then I made it a landscape card instead. :-) The sentiment is from an oldie but goodie Hero Arts set.

Graphic Ombre Birthday Card | Small T Creations

For all three cards I've used the same inks: Hero Arts Mint Julep, Tide Pool and Soft Granite, as well as Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue.

I'd love to know which version you like the best! :-)

Hugs,
Tone

Challenges: Simon Monday Challenge: Anything Goes, Addicted to CAS: # 45 Geometric, A Blog Named Hero Challenge #50: Ombre, Simon Says Stamp: Work It Wednesday July 2014: Blue, Addicted to Stamps & More #109: CAS 

Let's connect on InstagramPinterestFacebook and Twitter.
Follow me via FeedlyBloglovin' or e-mail for all the latest updates.
   

23 comments :

  1. It would be difficult to choose a favourite as both cards are equally fabulous! Love the ombre colouring and the WPlus9 font ! Thank you so much for joining us at the ATCAS Geometric challenge - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so stunning :) Love the ombre and graphic that you were able to achieve with perfection. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ombre look combined with your graphic stamps, fab cards! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards and love the colour ! beautifully CAS and just perfect for our challenge at ATCAS. Just shows how versatile our stamps can be.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! It's great to find new uses for the stamps we already have. :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, graphic ombré, Tone, and such a great colour palette ... they're all fabulous ... my particular favourite is the first ... love the balance with the sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are so beautiful - love your design with the ombre technique. I am loving the first one the best, but as I said, they are all beautiful. Great job! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever cards, I love them all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I'm happy to hear that you like them! :-)

      Delete
  8. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love the gradient look of your border and that graphic goodness is fab! CAS and lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! Gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing with us at 'A Blog Named Hero'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Landing your first position out of graphic design school will be diligent work. There is a lot of work out there, however you must be proactive about your future and scan for it. digital photo retouching

    ReplyDelete
  12. These two brands are referred to practically anyplace you look as the best makers for everything PC related.
    web design darwin

    ReplyDelete
  13. You completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will go along with with your blog. Graphic Design

    ReplyDelete