Thursday, January 9, 2014

Masculine Congrats Chalkboard Card

Hi!

I would like to wish you a very happy, healthy and creative 2014! :)

It's really been a long time since I posted anything here on the blog.. Sorry about that!
But that does not mean that I haven't been making cards! Quite the contrary! ;-)

I've been having some fun with the chalkboard technique again. You can see two cards I made previously with this technique here and here.


How to
For this masculine birthday card, I first white embossed the Hero Arts Watch Gears and the sentiment. I did not remove all of the excess embossing powder, so you can see little white speckles on the black pieces. I think that is a nice added detail.
To create the shadow effect, I stamped both again in Hero Arts White Dye Ink, offsetting the stamps a little from the first stamping. I used Colorbox White Frost Ink to distress the black pieces and drew the border with a white colored pencil.
On the card base I stamped the Hero Arts Pinstripe Background, which adds to the masculine feel of the card.

Have you been creative in the new year already? I'd love to see what you have made, so please leave me a link in the comments so I can check it out! :)

Hugs,
Tone

Challenges: Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration, Simon Says Monday Challenge: Blues

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Watch Gears CG421, Hero Arts Congrats CL488, Hero Arts Pinstripe Background CG503
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts White Dye Ink, Colorbox White Frost Ink
Other: Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, Dimensional Adhesive
   

5 comments :

  1. Quite striking! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, the chalkboard technique works fabulously with your image. Very striking. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says stamp Monday challenge . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tone, I love the white embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete