Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Card with Lots of Hearts

Hi there!

Finally I had an excuse to stamp out all these lovely hearts for a very girly Valentine's card, and I love it! :-)


I started by masking off the area where I wanted my sentiment. Then I randomly stamped all the hearts in pink, purple and red inks and applied pink distress ink over the trail of hearts. Then I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment.

To make the stamped panel pop, I colored the edges of a white card base with pink distress ink. I had used Picked Raspberry first, but this pink was too bright. I tried to apply Worn Lipstick over it, but still it was too bright. To tone down the pink, I applied Picked Fence distress stain until I was happy with the color.

For some added interest, I added three pink Enamel Dots. These dots are just so yummy! Did you get yourself some already? :-)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Love,
Tone

Challenges: Hero Arts: Love & LaceSimon Says: Have A HeartCFC98: Love SongPaper Crafts February 2013 Gallery ChallengeLittle Tangles: love, love, love.

Supplies

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Tone, so feminine and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Tone! I love those colors and you positioned those hearts perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Tone, beautiful stamping and inking - such pretty colours!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and beautiful masking! Thanks for joining the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. So soft and sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at little tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tone - this is really cute! I love all the hearts and the beautiful colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic masking! I love how this turned out. So glad that you could play along with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love washi tape..thanks for sharing your card with us. Do you like Memory Box dies? Do you know that MB launch 2 new language blogs,one in spanish and one in french, which I am responsible for? for more info visit my blog and find all the links on my side bar. hope you can come and visit me
    bye bibiana From CA, USA
    http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete