Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Butterflies

Hi everybody,

This is a birthday card I made for a dear friend of mine. I started by stamping the Heart Winged Butterfly in three different colors from the Rose Petals Queue and cut them out. The antennas were quite tricky to cut out, but I managed. :-) On a piece of white card stock trimmed to size, I stamped the sentiment with Versamrk and heat embossed with dark grey embossing powder. The ribbon provides a kind of border for the sentiment and "grounds" the bottom butterfly on the card. The ends of the ribbon are attached on the back of the card stock. Lastly, I placed the butterflies on the panel and put it on a white card.


The top butterfly is placed directly on the card, while the middle one is attached with a foam adhesive and the bottom one with an even thicker foam adhesive. 


I hope you like it! :-) 

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts K5158 Heart Winged Butterfly, CL342 Everyday Sayings
Ink: Colorbox Chalk - Rose Petals, Versamark
Other: Zing Charcoal embossing powder, Pop dots, Ribbon
 

2 comments :