Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flourishes

I made this card a little while ago, and it is perfect for this week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge to use flourishes. On this card I have used one of my favorite flourishes stamp from Hero Arts.


I started by embossing the sentiment, using clear embossing ink and white embossing powder. Then I stamped the Heart Flourish around it in purple. Right below the sentiment I stamped a heart from the Love Flourish set. It is a little bigger than the hearts in the Heart Flourish.

For the sentiment, I used four different Hero Arts stamps to get exactly the message that I wanted. You can probably guess who this card is for... Yes, again it is for my boyfriend. I really like hearts (and him), so I love making cards for him. :-)

Supplies
Paper: Hero Arts Aubergine Folded Card
Stamps: Hero Arts K5153 Heart Flourish, CL286 Thank You Flourishes, CL160 Heart to Heart, CL184 Thoughtful Messages, CL162 Love Flourish
Ink: Vivid Purple, Top Boss Embossing Ink
Other: White embossing powder

4 comments :

  1. What an awesome job, piecing together your sentiment. I would never have guessed it wasn't a stamp and, in fact, wanted to find it and buy it. I've tried to piece together my own sentiments, but it takes a TON of precision I don't have.

    I am a huge fan of clean and simple cards so will happily be a Follower here because truly CS cards are so rare. You've nailed the look I love!

    Thanks for starting a Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Love the purple and the creative way you came up with the sentiment. . . very "out of the box" and something I need to try.
    Congrats on the new blog.
    Hugs,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new blog is soo exciting! I hope you are enjoying it. Your card is just beautifully done! The sentiment is wonderful...never would have guessed it wasn't a single sentiment. The swirls and hearts really complete the sentiment! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the new blog...and the card is exquisite! I love the subtle look of the flourishes on the dark background...and then the sentiment stamped in the light color...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete