Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday card

Hi all,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I certainly am! :-) It's been a while since my last post now. That's because I got a new job not so long ago and our social calendar has been packed. But this weekend we're just relaxing at home. :-)

Today I would like to share a card I made for my dad's birthday last month. I used lots of stamping, embossing and masking, because I wanted it to look like I had used different strips of patterned paper.


I started by masking off the three strips where I was going to do the embossing one by one, and colored them in with Distress Inks. Then I stamped the two images from Delicate Leaf Clusters in the spaces between. Lastly, I clear embossed the sentiment, colored with Distress Ink and adhered it to the card with pop dots.

I had lots of fun with all the stamping, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out! :-)

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts S5216 Grid Pattern, CL477 Delicate Leaf Clusters, CL479 Dictionary Greeting, S5507 Envelope Pattern, CL340 Birthday Sayings
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink Broken China, Faded Jeans Frayed Burlap, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Pop Dots
 

5 comments :

  1. WOW SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CARD LOOKING TO MUCH LOVELY....

    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for visiting the Pixie Blog and for the shout out for Pixie, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely masculine card! Love the softness of the colors and the simple design. Bet Dad loved it!

    ReplyDelete