Monday, March 21, 2011

Get Well Soon

Hi everyone,

My father-in-law has cancer, and he just had an operation to remove it. He's recovering and doing well. I made this card for him to wish him a speedy recovery.


On a dark blue card, I stamped the Large Flower three times in Versamark, rotating the image for every time I stamped it. Then I white embossed the flowers. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white paper, distressed the edges with the same ink and adhered it to the card with dimensional adhesive.

I'm very happy with how it turned out. :-)

My father-in-law liked the card very much, and he was very curious as to how I had made it. If I had made it on the computer and printed it out, or if I had to line up all the letters for the sentiment. ;-)

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts CG134 Large Flower, CL342 Everyday Sayings
Ink: Versamark, Colorbox Blue Iris
Other: White embossing powder, Pop dots
 

2 comments :

  1. Love your card--love the white embossed flowers on the dark blue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this brightened your father-in-law's day! How nice that he asked how you made it too. Such a beautiful and thoughtful card, Tone!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete