Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Colors CAS Card

Hello!

How are you?

The scramble this weekend over at the Hero Arts' Flickr group was to use fall colors. That's not colors I usually pick myself, so it was definitely a challenge for me!
I really enjoyed making this card, because it seemed to just happen by itself! Love when that happens! :-)


Firstly, I white embossed the Vine Background on a scrap piece of paper. Then I applied different shades of yellow and orange Distress Inks with my Ink Blending Tool.
It needed a bit more interest, so I stamped the script over it in Frayed Burlap and inked the edges with the same color. I placed the stamped panel off center on the card with pop dots.

I was debating back and forth whether to add a sentiment. I have a Thanks stamp that goes vertically. But eventually I decided that I thought the card looked beautiful just the way it was, without a sentiment! :-)

What do you think about making cards without sentiments?

Hugs,
Tone


Supplies:

4 comments :

  1. Hello Tone, Thank you for joining my giveaway! This is a beautiful card! Love the ombre color you created and how you offset it to one side. Personally, I would like a card with a sentiment (I usually start a card with a sentiment stamp lol) Maybe a small sentiment with a cute button at the sweet spot on this card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the "needs sentiment," but I definitely love how the card came together. Your blending of colors is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!! I also struggle with not putting on a sentiment...I think it looks great without :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen over at the HERO ARTS BLOG for September2012B...This is a LOVELY LOVELY card Tone!
    I don't think it needs a sentiment either...I struggle with that NEED on most of my cards and end up putting one on and wishing I hadn't.

    GREAT JOB...and to think it was for the SCRAMBLE too!

    ReplyDelete